Whether you are trying to realize the next big idea or you’re inventing the future, you need a product development partner that can be trusted to fulfill your vision. Optimal Design is an award winning, vertically integrated product development firm that has delivered impactful product innovation to our clients for over 15 years. We’ve been around because it’s our passion!
When it comes to product development, our core philosophy is to ensure it truly is innovative, can stand the test of time and use, and can be cost effectively manufactured. This philosophy is also the reason we’ve assembled in house industrial design, mechanical and electrical engineering, prototyping and manufacturing capabilities. Collectively, this vertical integration of services gives us the flexibility to move fast and the confidence that we’ll hit your schedule.
Our success stems from being excellent listeners not only to our clients’ needs but of the end users of their products. With insights firmly in hand, we organize cross functional teams of designers, engineers and model makers that ideate together and ensure that the design intent never gets lost through the development process. In a nutshell, our clients have trusted us to fuse inspired design with skilled engineering acumen to deliver products that stand the test of time.
Optimal Design’s clients range from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups in a variety of industries including consumer electronics, medical, housewares, industrial and military.
From Idea to Implementation (or anywhere in between)….we deliver success.
- Spark Design Award Spark Awards 2011
- Best of CES CES 2011
- Emerging Technology Award CTIA 2011
- Top Ten Most Rugged Cell Phones PC Magazine 2011
- Recommended Product Shopper Award Hygiene Mag. 2011
- Product of the Future Award Pop. Science 2011
- Editor's Choice Award Pop. Mech. 2011
- Best of CES 2011 Awards: Best Tablet IGN-CES 2011
- Reader's Choice Award Taunton's 2011
- Editor's Choice Best Tool Award Pop. Mech. 2010
- Online Best New Gadgets for DIYers This Old House 2010
- Best of What's New Award Pop. Science 2009
- Editor's Choice Award Pop. Mech. 2009
- Design Award IDSA 2009
- NPE Award, Plastic's Category NPE 2009
- Editor's Choice Award, October Pop. Woodworking Mag. 2009
- Best of New Products Award This Old House 2007
- Product Innovation Award Equipment World Mag. 2005
- Award for Continuous Improvement SUPERquest 2005
- Best of What's New Award Pop. Science 2004
- Editor's Choice Best Overall Product Award Fine Homebulding 2004
- Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA)
- Association of Medical Diagnostics Manufacturers (AMDM)
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)